Abdallah S. Daar
Abdallah S. Daar is professor of public health sciences and of
surgery at the University of Toronto and the University Health Network.
He is also senior scientist and director of the Program on Ethics and
Commercialization at the McLaughlin-Rotman Centre for Global Health.
Among his many affiliations, Daar is a fellow of the Royal Society of
Canada and the Academy of Sciences of the Developing World, and is a
member of UNESCO's International Bioethics Committee and the
Ethics Committee of the Human Genome Organization. The authors wish to
acknowledge the following people for their contributions to this
article: Eva Busza, Christopher Chyba, Elizabeth Dowdeswell, Robert Orr,
Stephen Stedman, and Terrence Taylor. The McLaughlin-Rotman Centre for
Global Health is primarily funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates
Foundation, Genome Canada through the Ontario Genomics Institute, and
the Canadian Institutes of Health Research.
- Current Issue
- Agree to Disagree
- Book Review
- Development and Disarmament Roundtable
- Explain This
- Journal Article
- Nuclear Notebook
- Special Topics
- Voices of Tomorrow
- Focus on climate change and water: The international security threats
- Focus: Faith and climate change
- Focus: Whither the nuclear weapons complex?
- Special issue: Scientists in the public interest: A celebration of seven decades of the <I>Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists</I>
- Special issue: Surveying the future on the 70th anniversary of the founding of the <I>Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists</I>
- About Us
- Doomsday Clock