Rees has been based for most of his career at Cambridge University, where he has been director of the Institute of Astronomy and Master of Trinity College. He recently served a five-year term as president of the Royal Society (the UK's academy of science) and is a member of the UK's House of Lords. As well as research publications in astrophysics and cosmology, he has written many general articles and eight books, most recently From Here to Infinity: A vision for the future of science, published this year by W.W. Norton.
- Current Issue
- Agree to Disagree
- Book Review
- Development and Disarmament Roundtable
- Explain This
- Journal Article
- Nuclear Notebook
- Special Topics
- Voices of Tomorrow
- Focus on climate change and water: The international security threats
- Focus: Faith and climate change
- Focus: Whither the nuclear weapons complex?
- Special issue: Scientists in the public interest: A celebration of seven decades of the <I>Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists</I>
- About Us
- Doomsday Clock