A plant pathologist by training, Murch is associate director of the Center for Technology, Security, and Policy at Virginia Tech. Previously, he created and developed the FBI's weapons of mass destruction forensic program, which has since expanded to include a number of other agencies. Murch has served or still serves on the National Research Council's Board of Life Sciences, two Defense Department senior advisory committees, the FBI’s Scientific Working Group on Microbial Genomics and Forensics, and several study and standing committees of the National Academy of Sciences.
- Current Issue
- Agree to Disagree
- Book Review
- Development and Disarmament Roundtable
- Explain This
- Journal Article
- Nuclear Notebook
- Special Topics
- Voices of Tomorrow
- Focus on climate change and water: The international security threats
- Focus: Faith and climate change
- Focus: Whither the nuclear weapons complex?
- Special issue: Scientists in the public interest: A celebration of seven decades of the <I>Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists</I>
- About Us
- Doomsday Clock