We are delighted to present the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists’ 2017 Annual Report. What we encountered throughout the past year, as we have time and time again, is a hunger for evidence-based news and debate about the world’s most pressing problems. Problems that the Bulletin is uniquely positioned to address, and we could not have done it without your ongoing support.
We invite you to spend time with this report to learn more about the Bulletin and our recent activities.
- Highlighting important 2017 articles: Read the Bulletin‘s top authors as they grapple with the challenges looming worldwide, including rising nuclear threats, climate change, and the political and ethical challenges posed by disruptive technologies.
- Meeting people where they are: Look back at events that engaged an incredible array of audiences, including the Turn Back the Clock exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago; the March for Science in Chicago and the United Kingdom; programs in collaboration with the University of Chicago; and thought-provoking dinners in Chicago and Denver.
- Engaging the next generation: Get to know our 2017 Leonard M. Rieser Award winner, Yangyang Cheng, the particle physicist who wrote with such passion about the need for science advocacy in her essay: “Let science be science again.”
- It is two minutes to midnight: Discover the critical factors leading up to the 2018 Doomsday Clock setting and the Clock statement.
- The Annual Dinner and Meeting: Meet our 2017 Dinner honoree Ellen Sandor, the speakers, and guests; and learn about the first Annual Meeting’s format and discussion topics.
- Recognizing thoughtful philanthropy: See our announcements about the Einstein Circle and Legacy Society, and our profiles and acknowledgements of generous donors.
Thank you for your support. Now, more than ever, we need a deliberate, well-informed and robust exchange of ideas to promote a safe and healthy planet.
Rachel Bronson, Ph.D.
President & Chief Executive Officer
We are grateful to Pentagram, the New York City-based design firm where former Bulletin Governing Board member Michael Bierut is a principal, for the design of our 2017 Annual Report.
Make a gift to the 2018 Annual Fund for the Bulletin. To inquire about an IRA gift, gift of stock, or to discuss an estate or planned gift call our development officer at 773.834.2308 or email [email protected].